After years of coaching I found the best way to help my clients is to ask searching and penetrating questions in order to give them the time and the space to really think about their business. This means that the ideas that they develop are their own and so are happy to take effective action to implement the necessary changes.
Over the next few weeks I am will develop this blog with a list of those questions. They are also being tweeted out so that as many people as possible get the opportunity to think about them as well. Please feel free to comment and I will add in and tweet out those that I add. Please include your twitter name so that I can give you a mention.
- What is your 3 year goal for your business in terms of #sales and #profit? What do want to do?
- What are you going to do in the next 6 months which will make a difference to your business to increase #profit?
- If you achieve your business objectives, will that help you achieve your personal goals? If not, what could you do?
- What are you good at and enjoy? Who could you give the other jobs to so you can concentrate on where you make a difference?
- How much time do you spend working ON your business? Is it enough? Who could help you?
- What is happening in your markets? Growing or declining? Your share growing or declining?
- Any changes in politics, law, economy, environment, technology or society that will affect your firm?
- When was the last time you developed a new product or service for your business?
- Do you ask your customers what new product or service would really benefit them?
- When a customer complains, how do you respond?
- What do your competitors do that is better than you? Could you do it in your business?
- Any opportunities for you in social, technological, economic, environment & political changes?
- Any threats for you in social, technological, economic, environment & political changes?
- What are the strengths of your business? Can they be improved?
- What are the weaknesses of your business? Are they important? Can they be improved?
- You have answered the strategy question. What are you going to change? What is your action plan?