In a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world every business needs to have a working digital marketing strategy and implementation plan in place with sufficient resource either internally or externally to ensure that the plans get executed in a timely manner if the business is to grow and prosper.
The challenge for most businesses is that digital marketing has become fragmented, complex and sophisticated in the approaches that are needed to achieve any results. Traditional methods are less effective and so there is a relentless migration to everything digital. The challenge going forward is that the rules of the game keep changing and what was right one day might actually get you penalised the next. (Just think of the changes to the Google search engine such as the Penguin and Panda updates.)
Here are some questions to think about:
- What is your digital marketing strategy?
- What budget have you agreed for the plan?
- What resources have you got to implement the plan in a timely manner?
- What training and development does the implementation team get to ensure their success?
- How do you measure what’s working and what needs improvement?
- How does the current performance match with the needs of the business?
The market is fragmented and unless you go to a large agency no one supplier can support you with the implementation of a credible digital marketing plan.
You may want to consider and outsourced digital marketing manager. This where the manager sits down with you to develop your digital marketing strategy and implementation plans. Then on a regular basis they will then work with you to manage their implementation. If you have an internal resource we can help you agree KPIs with them to ensure their personal objectives are in line with those needed by the business
When looking for an out-sourced digital marketing manager you may want to consider help with:
- Digital marketing strategy development
- Digital marketing implementation plan development
- Regular meetings to review performance, budgets and agree next objectives and actions
- Coaching / Training on how to embed digital marketing into your business.
- Supplier or project management.
For an informal chat about how about Peter Dickinson can help you with your digital marketing, go to: Digital Marketing Manager