Digital Media Advisory Services Explained
Posted by Peter Dickinson
Mid to large corporations cannot ignore the need to embrace agile commerce enabled through the greater use of digital technology. Agile commerce is all about keeping pace with change whilst engaging with customers in more ways whilst driving down cost.
Digital Media is the term used to describe all ways of interacting with your customers and suppliers through digital channels (web, mobile apps, social media, extranets etc). It is where marketing and information technology work together to deliver on the organisations strategy.
This, therefore, means aligning corporate strategy with your digital strategy and ensuring all your digital media initiatives contribute to delivering your overall business objectives.
What does this mean to your business? Digital Media impacts many areas of your business but it is unlikely that many of your people really understand its impact and how to leverage its benefits.
This is why a new type of consultancy is now required and it is called Digital Media Advisory Services.
Key services offered by a Digital Media Advisory Service should include:
- Corporate Strategy Alignment – Ensure that your Digital Media initiatives will deliver your business objectives.
- Blueprint & Roadmap Definition – Define the Digital Media Service blueprint and roadmap for development and implementation.
- Quality & Brand Consistency Management – Ensure that the Digital Media initiatives will deliver brand consistency and that quality of service and delivery are maintained.
- Change & Transformation Management – Transformational change will be inevitable as all the customer touch points in the organisation are reviewed and transformed using digital technologies.
- Risk Management & Contingency Planning – Greater use of digital technology means that risks need to be identified and managed and contingency plans developed and tested.
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity – The use of Digital Media technology means that disaster recovery and business continuity plans need to be reviewed and revised.
- Enterprise Security Architecture Design – Audit, design and implementation of a robust security architecture followed by sophisticated penetration testing of the Digital Media assets will be required in order to maintain the integrity of the organisation.
- Project & Programme Management – On going implementation of Digital Media will require excellent project management in order to ensure that all required digital initiatives are delivered on time and on budget.
- Financial Controlling. – Although the move to engaging customers and suppliers through digital technologies is mainly driven by external factors and so in some cases the change is imposed on the organisation implemented correctly digital technologies can help to drive down costs and so the financial models and controls of the organisation need to be re-evaluated in order to seek out improvements in profitability.
- Vendor Selection & Vendor Management – Digital Media is a fast moving world with the supply chain constantly in flux. By its very nature a lot of Digital Media is best out-sourced allowing the organisation to concentrate on what it knows best.
- Audits, Policies & Procedures – Inevitably it is important that new systems and ways of doing things are captured in the organisation’s policies and procedures. These need to be constantly reviewed from the Digital Media perspective to ensure that the organisation works consistently and delivers on its customer promise.
- Metrics, Benchmarking & Effectiveness Measurement – We now work in a world where it is easier to measure what we do and so any organisation engaging in Digital Media needs to measure and benchmark what it does in order to know that it is doing the very best it can with the resources allocated to it.
- Continuous Assessments & Reviews – We live in a world where change is now the only constant. Regular review and assessment to ensure that your Digital Media strategies and implementation are delivering on business objectives are essential.
Peter Dickinson is an Associate Director of Zinato and can be contacted on 020 3514 9003 for a confidential chat about how you can align your digital media initiatives to deliver your business strategy.
Zinato delivers Digital Media Advisory Services for mid to large corporations and was founded by Derek Thomas. Derek has considerable experience in delivering Digital Media initiatives on £billion programmes. For more information on how Zinato can help, go to: www.zinato.com
About Peter DickinsonPeter Dickinson is an experienced chair, director, high growth business coach, facilitator, interim, marketeer, customer services champion, project manager, change management consultant and advisor and has worked with over 300 companies helping them develop a systematic approach to growing their businesses. Working with companies as a chair, high growth business coach, facilitator or interim, Peter will help crystallise the vision, rationalise strategy, identify the most cost effective routes to market including the development of new products, develop a consistent sales approach, champion customer service, streamline processes and identify key performance indicators to help drive the business to meet the goals of the main stakeholders. Peter Dickinson is working with Vistage International to set up two CEO peer group advisory boards for CEOs and Managing Directors in the North West, UK. If you are a CEO or Managing Director of a company with £5 million or more turnover and are open to new ideas, keen to develop your leadership skills, willing to help others and take action yourself then you would benefit from being a member of a Vistage CEO Peer Group. Vistage members on average triple their company rate of growth after joining. If you are based in the North West and are interested in finding out more, call Peter Dickinson on 0845 053 7417 and he can call in for 20 minutes to exchange information of what you can expect from being a member of a Vistage CEO peer group. There is no sales pitch the group has to be right you and you right for the group. LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/e4abusiness (Open Networker) Twitter: www.twitter.com/Enterprise4all Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KUB.LTD All Social Media Profiles can be found at: http://xeeme.com/peterjdickinson
Posted on August 12, 2011, in Business Coaching, Business planning, Business Strategy, Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Digital Media Advisory Services, Digital Media Strategy, Profit_Improvement and tagged business_planning, business_strategy, cloud_systems, digital_marketing, digital_media, Digital_Media_Advisory_Services, digital_media_strategy, social_media, work_anytime, work_anywhere. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.